YMCA Celebrates 175th Founders Day
Today, the YMCA is one of the world’s largest volunteer organizations known for helping people of every background reach their potential. The Y serves more than 22 million people annually and offers resources at more than 2,700 locations across all 50 states.
- Basketball and volleyball were invented at the Y
- The YMCA of the Triangle's Y Guides Program is the nation's largest
- The world’s first indoor pool was at a Y
- Group swim lessons started at the Y
- The United Service Organization (USO) was created with help from the Y
In celebration of the YMCA’s 175th anniversary, World YMCA –the global resource office for YMCAs in 119 countries –has issued a World Challenge to Ys to mobilize their communities on June 8 for a day of good. In the U.S., we are referring to the event as Volunteer 175.
In the Doylestown branch, a celebratory event is being planned to celebrate this momentous day with a member engagement table to encourage volunteerism with light refreshments and more.
Get full details on VOLUNTEER 175 HERE
Engage worldwide with #YMCAChallenge