YMCA Fairless Hills to Reopen for Members and Vital Community School-Age Child Care
To our valued members:
If the last few months have taught us anything, it is that change is a constant in our lives right now.You may recall, we communicated in early June that our Fairless Hills branch would not reopen after being closed due to the pandemic. We would host camp through the summer and then begin our planned building renovation on an accelerated schedule, so we could reopen in 12 months instead of the anticipated 18-24 months.
However, as the pandemic continues to cause disruption in our community and schools move to virtual and hybrid formats, we have re-evaluated this decision. With the change in school schedules, we experienced hospitals, school districts, and families reaching out to our Y expressing an overwhelming need for child care to support staff and families.
The Y has a long history of stepping up to meet needs in the Lower Bucks community. It is clear that our community, especially children and families, need us right now. With this in mind, we will temporarily reopen our Fairless Hills branch on September 8 to provide child care programs and youth swim lessons. Additionally, we will open our fitness center, pool and gymnasium to members with adjusted hours, services and safety protocols in place.We remain committed to renovating our Fairless Hills branch and continue to take steps to prepare for construction to begin. We anticipate closing the branch at the end of the year and beginning construction on January 2, 2021 and expect the renovations will take approximately 12 months.
Thank you for your continued support; it means a great deal to our Y volunteers and staff. I hope you will enjoy access to the branch for the next couple of months. We look forward to seeing you!Bucks County Strong,
Beginning September 8, 2020, our Fairless Hills branch will temporarily reopen with the following programs and services:
CHILD CARE PROGRAMS
Monday-Friday | 7:30 AM-6:00 PM
Our child care center will continue to serve our toddler to pre-k children. Additionally, our new Student Success Program will support families needing care for their children who will attend school in a virtual or hybrid format this fall. The program provides 2, 3 and 5-day options to support student’s academic requirements in a safe, fun environment. Space is limited! Learn more here.
MEMBER SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
Monday-Friday | 5:30 AM–7:30 AM and 6:15 PM–9:00 PM*
Saturday and Sunday | 7:00AM – 12:00PM
*Please note these hours are to prevent commingling of child care and members.
We successfully opened our branches in Doylestown, Newtown, Quakertown and Warminster in July working in partnership with the Bucks County Department of Health. In opening these branches, we learned and implemented safety measures that will make it possible to appropriately social distance and implement cost-effective safety guidelines in the Fairless Hills branch.
Fitness Center – The fitness center will be open during our member service hours. Personal training and partner training are available.
NovaCare Rehabilitation will be onsite providing services. To access services, members can visit the NovaCare desk to speak directly with a physical therapist or call 215.547.4813.
Aquatics Center - The pool will be open for lap and recreational swim, swim team, and group and private swim lessons. Reservations are required for lap and recreational swim to ensure our safety protocols can be followed. <Click here to make a reservation.> (reservation links to open 9/4)
Group and private swim lessons will resume on September 8, please view our <fall program guide> for more information.
Gymnasium and walking track – The gymnasium will be open for basketball on a reservation basis. <Click here to make a reservation.> (reservation links to open 9/4)
Our walking track is available following social distancing guidelines.
Group Exercise - We will continue to offer live indoor and outdoor, and virtual classes. Please reserve your space in these classes. <Click here to make a reservation.>
Your safety and well-being is our top priority! We have aligned our policies and safety protocols with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and reviewed our reopening plan with the Bucks County Health Department. We appreciate your adherence to our protocols as well as your care and consideration for your fellow Y members, and your patience as we all adapt. We are all in this together, and together we are better!Additional Cleaning & Safety Practices
To protect you and our staff, we are implementing the following new practices:
- Staff will wear masks at all times and undergo a health assessment when arriving for work
- Operating facilities at 50% of capacity
- Facility access will be limited to age 13+ (age 12 when accompanied by a parent/guardian)
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces such as doors, handles, and equipment
Here are key items you should know before visiting the Y.
Upon arrival, a health assessment that includes a “no touch” temperature check and response to the following questions. Within the past 14 days, have you:
- Had a fever in the past 24 hours; temperature over 100.4?
- Experienced a cough or shortness of breath that is new or worse thanyour baseline?
- Been in close contact with a person with a lab confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Experienced a loss of taste/smell?
- Experienced cold/flu-like symptoms?
assessment questions will not be permitted to enter the building.
Mask Protocol While Inside the Facility:
All members must wear a mask upon entering the facility
- Masks are to remain on throughout facility usage and especially within common areas such as the fitness center, studios, locker rooms, pool decks, hallways, etc.
- Masks may be removed when exercising on a piece of equipment, but only if the member can do so while socially distant. For example: If one member is “spotting” another member while weightlifting, both members must be wearing masks.
- Masks are to be removed upon entering the pool and are to remain off during pool usage.
- Indoor athletics are now paused as this physical activity cannot be performed safely while wearing a mask.
- Social distancing and frequent hand washing/sanitizing required
- Members required to clean equipment both before and after use is mandatory
- Please come prepared with a towel and refillable water bottle
- New waiver requiring electronic signature