Reservation, capacity, guest policies and more to change June 14
Since reopening our facilities in June 2020, we have followed both CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines related to COVID-19 safety mitigation protocols. We thank you for your support throughout this time. Recently, Pennsylvania Department of Health made the following announcement:Effective Monday, May 31, 2021 per Pennsylvania Department of Health: Restaurants, bars, stores, salons, gyms, theaters, event venues, nightclubs, and other businesses can open at 100% capacity, and crowd-size limits will be lifted on all indoor and outdoor gatherings.
In adapting to this announcement, effective Monday, June 14, please note the following changes to YMCA of Bucks County COVID-19 mitigation protocols:
- Online reservations will continue to be required for the following service areas:
- All spin classes across YMCA of Bucks County
- All aquatic group exercise classes across YMCA of Bucks County
- Effective Monday, June 14, 2021: Online reservations will no longer be required for indoor/outdoor group exercise classes, open gym or open/lap swim, and Stay & Play. Outdoor classes will continue! Click here to view our class schedules.
- Also, open swim and open gym time limits will be removed. Remember, when lap swimming, kindly choose a lane that matches your speed style and circle swim collaboratively.
- Saunas and whirlpool will operate at 100% capacity
- Water fountains will be available for drinking
- Floor placements for indoor group exercise are no longer necessary
- Guests and nationwide reciprocity will be accepted
- Remember, cleanliness and personal awareness is here to stay! Please continue to wipe down equipment both before and after use and be mindful of personal space
Lastly, in line with our May 13, 2021 announcement, the mask mandate remains in effect until further notice, as follows:Members, program participants and staff of YMCA of Bucks County who are ages 12 and older and fully vaccinated may utilize our facilities and participate in programs without a face mask.
Fully vaccinated is defined as:
• 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
• 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
The safety of our members, participants and staff remains our top priority. We will continue to uphold COVID-19 safety guidelines from the CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health. We appreciate your care and respect for your fellow Y members as we continue to work together to maintain the safest environment possible.