Central Bucks Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote the safety and comfort for all, individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs as outlined in our Member Handbook. We expect persons using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Member Code of Conduct outlines prohibited action, but the actions listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs.
- Using or possessing alcohol or unlawful controlled substances on Y property, in Y vehicles, or at Y sponsored programs. Being visibly intoxicated while on the Y premises.
- Smoking on Y property the Y and its property is a smoke-free environment.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- As the Y is a family organization, please use discretion when choosing attire. Sports bras or tops revealing midriffs must be covered by a t-shirt or tank top. Please refrain from wearing inappropriate, immodest, or revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Inappropriately using cameras and cell phones with cameras while on the Y premises.
- Loitering within or on the Y grounds.
- Y members are expected to unconditionally follow the rules of the facility.
In addition, the Y reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages. The Y reserves the right to terminate Membership for any lawful reason.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a Manager on duty.
Y staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should feel free to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
In order to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
The Y will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of Y membership privileges may result from a determination by the Y that a violation of the Y Member Code of Conduct has occurred.