YMCA OF BUCKS COUNTY
Our Operation Compassion webpage serves as a portal for both those who wish to support this important program by donating and those who need assistance during this challenging time.
GIVE TO HELP.
All of us at YMCA of Bucks County are grateful for the outpouring of support and offers to provide assistance to our staff, members and community. It is inspiring! Many of our members, participants, and staff need the Y now, during this sustained time of uncertainty, more than ever.Through your donations to Operation Compassion, the Y has been able to impact hundreds of individuals and families during this time of great need.
EMERGENCY FUND FOR COMMUNITY/STAFF
Continuing to support the most critical needs of our community:
- Providing assistance to 90+ members and furloughed Y staff for essential expenses, particularly those with no additional income support
- Serving even more families in our child care for essential and medical personnel and their families
- Supporting the continued academic growth of our Pre-K Counts children by providing over 200 learning packages
- Delivering 400+ meals to food insecure homes, seniors and those in need
- Providing 215 shower opportunities for homeless individuals across the county
- Hosting blood drives in partnership with the American Red Cross at our Doylestown Branch
- Continuing to engage with members and pathway participants including isolated seniors, veterans and cancer survivors with over 5,000 conversations to date
ONGOING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
As we prepare for the upcoming weeks and our reopening, we know there will be significant new demands. We anticipate this need will be greater than ever and ask for your help to:
- Ensure support for an increase in requests for financial assistance for our most vulnerable populations
- Expand resources to low and moderate income families for membership, camp, child care and programs, especially as families work to restore their employment
- Strengthen curriculum with educational offerings to meet the increased educational needs of our school-aged population
- Support “Healthy Lifestyles, Families Together – Growing Healthier Communities” creating outdoor classrooms that will provide farm to table hands-on agriculture education and obesity prevention for children aged 2-12
- Create gardens that will provide nutrition and cooking education for health pathway programs and will provide fresh ingredients for low income families
- Implement significant sanitation facility upgrades and added protection measures to ensure the safety of our members
All of us face unexpected consequences of the coronavirus crisis, and we truly appreciate any support that you can provide. If you would like to help in this regard, you can contribute here.
YMCA of Bucks County has launched Operation Compassion, a donor-funded program that is providing assistance to our community, members, participants and staff who need help. One of the facets of Operation Compassion is offering financial support to Y members and staff who need immediate assistance with essential expenses.
If you are facing financial hardship due to you, or a family member, losing a job or experiencing a reduction of hours related to
the coronavirus, you may qualify for assistance.
WHAT TO DO?
If you would like to receive assistance, please complete this form and email or mail it today.
Email or mail completed form to:
Subject: Emergency Fund Specialist
YMCA OF BUCKS COUNTY
2500 Lower State Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Visit our Community Resources webpage for a listing of additional, local support programs.
Associate Director of Financial Assistance