YMCA OF BUCKS COUNTY
Our Operation Compassion webpage serves as a portal for both those who wish to support this important program by donating and those who need assistance during this challenging time.
GIVE TO HELP.
All of us at YMCA of Bucks County are grateful for the outpouring of support and offers to provide assistance to our staff, members and community. It is inspiring! Many of our members, participants, and staff need the Y now, during this sustained time of uncertainty, more than ever.Through your donations to Operation Compassion, the Y has been able to impact hundreds of individuals and families during this time of great need.
EMERGENCY FUND FOR COMMUNITY/STAFF
Continuing to support the most critical needs of our community:
- Providing assistance to 90+ members and furloughed Y staff for essential expenses, particularly those with no additional income support
- Serving even more families in our child care for essential and medical personnel and their families
- Supporting the continued academic growth of our Pre-K Counts children by providing over 200 learning packages
- Delivering 400+ meals to food insecure homes, seniors and those in need
- Providing 215 shower opportunities for homeless individuals across the county
- Hosting blood drives in partnership with the American Red Cross at our Doylestown Branch
- Continuing to engage with members and pathway participants including isolated seniors, veterans and cancer survivors with over 5,000 conversations to date
ONGOING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
As we prepare for the upcoming weeks and our reopening, we know there will be significant new demands. We anticipate this need will be greater than ever and ask for your help to:
- Ensure support for an increase in requests for financial assistance for our most vulnerable populations
- Expand resources to low and moderate income families for membership, camp, child care and programs, especially as families work to restore their employment
- Strengthen curriculum with educational offerings to meet the increased educational needs of our school-aged population
- Support “Healthy Lifestyles, Families Together – Growing Healthier Communities” creating outdoor classrooms that will provide farm to table hands-on agriculture education and obesity prevention for children aged 2-12
- Create gardens that will provide nutrition and cooking education for health pathway programs and will provide fresh ingredients for low income families
- Implement significant sanitation facility upgrades and added protection measures to ensure the safety of our members
All of us face unexpected consequences of the coronavirus crisis, and we truly appreciate any support that you can provide. If you would like to help in this regard, you can contribute here.
At the onset of the pandemic, YMCA of Bucks County created a special initiative to raise money and provide support for local needs caused by the crisis. Due to the generosity of donors, the Operation Compassion Relief Fund will now provide additional funding to the Y’s Financial Assistance Program through the end of 2020, while funds are available.
If you are facing financial hardship due to you, or a family member, losing a job or experiencing a reduction of hours related to
the coronavirus, you may qualify for assistance.
If you are seeking financial assistance for child care, camp, programs, and membership, without having experienced a recent job loss, please visit our Financial Assistance page for more information and to download the application.
and recently experienced a job loss or reduction of hours, please complete the simple COMMUNITY application found below and mail or email it today.
If you are a YMCA staff member seeking assistance with essential expenses, please complete the simple STAFF application found below and mail or email it today.
Associate Director of Financial Assistance