YMCA OF BUCKS COUNTY
We are committed to reopening our facilities through actions which demonstrate kindness, inclusion and safety. This webpage will provide full information on what you need to know when returning to the Y.
Every Visit: What's Expected of Members
Here's what to expect when the Y reopens:
- NEW WAIVER REQUIRING ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE before first visit, <click here> for information or <click here> to sign immediately
- Temperature check and brief health assessment survey that includes these questions:
- Have you had a fever in the past 24 hours; temperature over 100.4?
- Have you experienced a cough or shortness of breath that is new or worse than your baseline?
- Have you been in close contact or cared for a person with a lab confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced a loss of taste/smell?
- Have you experienced cold/flu-like symptoms (sore throat, chills, muscle pain, etc.)?
Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher or answering “yes” to any of the assessment questions will not be allowed to enter the building.
- NEW! No time restrictions on building usage
- No limits on land group exercise class participation (aquatic group ex limited to 3x/week)
- Pool usage limited to 45-minutes per visit and 3 visits per week
- NEW! No time restrictions on Fitness Center usage per visit
- Member cleaning of equipment before and after use is mandatory
- Social distancing at all times
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing
Mask Protocol While Inside the Facility:
- All members must wear a mask upon entering the facility
- Masks are to remain on throughout facility usage and especially within common areas such as the fitness center, studios, locker rooms, pool decks, hallways, etc.
- Masks are to be worn when setting up / breaking down equipment, cleaning equipment and moving between pieces of equipment.
- Masks may be removed when exercising on a piece of equipment, or throughout the group exercise class, but only if the member can do so while socially distant. For example: If one member is “spotting” another member while weightlifting, both members must be wearing masks.
New, 9/21/20: As playing basketball is considered to be physically exercising, we have received approval from Bucks County Department of Health for mask removal while playing basketball. Masks are to be placed back on during breaks, conversation, etc.
Remember, basketball reservations are required. Please click here to reserve your time today. One (60 minute) time slot may be reserved per day to a maximum of three time slots per week. Reserving back-to-back time slots is not permitted.
- Masks are to be removed upon entering the pool deck and are to remain off during pool usage.
Mask Protocol While Outside the Facility:
- Masks are not required to be worn when outside the facility and socially distant.
- For example: Campers and camp counselors, while outside and socially distant, do not need to wear a mask. Upon entering the facility, masks are to be worn.
Members participating in outdoor group exercise classes, and remain socially distant, do not need to wear a mask.
Policies and Branch Setup: What's Different
What will be different? What policies have changed? Read below:
- Equipment is spaced 100 sq/ft apart
- Member cleaning of equipment before and after use is MANDATORY
- Towel service will not be available
- 'Touchless' transactions using a card on file (no cash)
- Stay & Play babysitting by reservation (no S & P available in Newtown)
- Facility access will be limited to age 13+ (age 12 when accompanied by a parent/guardian)
- Water fountains will be bottle-fill only
- No Lost & Found
- Guests and national reciprocity will not be permitted
- Increased disinfection/sanitation
- Increased signage and floor markings
- Plexiglass dividers at the Welcome Center
- Intermittent area closures for sanitizing with electrostatic fogging machines
- Staff will undergo a daily health assessment and wear masks at all times
- Furnishings have been removed in areas that encourage congregation
- New Health & Safety Champions to ensure staff and members are following safety protocols
Doylestown and Quakertown branches
Monday-Friday 5:00 AM-1:00 PM & 4:45 PM-8:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM-3:00 PM
Fairless Hills Branch
Monday - Friday 5:30AM-7:30AM & 6:00PM-9:00PM
Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM-12:00PM
Monday-Friday: 5:00AM-1:00PM & 4:45PM-7PM
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00AM-12:00PM
Monday-Friday 5:00 AM-1:00 PM & 4:45 PM-7:30PM
Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM-3:00 PM
Hours of 100% Required Mask Wearing at all branches:
The 100% mask wearing hours, at all locations, are as follows:
Doylestown: M-F 8AM-9AM and 7PM-8PM; S&S 11AM-12PM
Fairless Hills: M-F 7PM-8PM; S&S 11AM-12PM
Newtown: M-F 8AM-9AM; S&S 11AM-12PM
Quakertown: M-F 8AM-9AM and 7PM-8PM; S&S 11AM-12PM
Warminster: M-F 8AM-9AM and 6:30-7:30PM, S&S 11AM-12PM
Important to note, masks are not required during 100% mask hours for Y-led programs/classes such as indoor group exercise as well as personal training, youth and adult sport leagues/programs (basketball, gymnastics, etc.)
BRANCH REOPENING: What's available and what's suspended
Our available programs and services will continue to be updated frequently.
Lap swim, open/family swim, and whirlpool (Doylestown) available via reservation system.
Options before 9/28: 1/lane (& 2 per lane same household) and 2/lane not same household.
Options after 9/28: 2/lane (not same household)
Aquatics Group Exercise
Formal aquatic group exercise classes available via reservation system at Doylestown and Quakertown branches only.
- Cardiovascular equipment with social distancing spacing measures
- Strength training & stretching with social distancing spacing measures
- Personal (private) training
Group Exercise classes will continue virtually. In-person group exercise classes will also be held indoors and outdoors. Space is limited and we will use a reservation system. Details on virtual offerings can be found <HERE> Les Mills online will no longer be available on a complimentary basis.
Read full information on reservation system policies <HERE>
How to use MindBody via desktop - Video Tutorial <HERE>
How to use MindBody via MindBody app - GoogleDoc Tutorial <HERE>
Read an FAQ on how to navigate MindBody <MindBody Instructions for Members>
Gymnasium, Open Gym
Pickleball and open gym will be available on a reservation basis.
Open with social distancing spacing measures
Fairless Hills - those located across from fitness center only
Personal Training/Private Lessons
For both fitness and aquatics
Reopens for member use on September 8. Visit webpage for hours and details <HERE>
Stay & Play Babysitting
Strength Training & Stretching
Open at some branches with social distancing spacing measures
Open for some live, group exercise in Doylestown, Newtown and Quakertown (see group exercise for reservation links)
Student Success Program
Currently operating at Doylestown, Fairless Hills, New Hope-Solebury, Quakertown and Warminster locations.
Youth & Adult programming
Many of our youth and adult programs return in Fall. Visit the program page for your favorite activity by clicking PROGRAMS in the blue navigation bar at the top of our website.
Currently available via reservation
Doylestown <CLICK HERE>
What's suspended or limited?
Complimentary coffee services suspended
Community congregation areas
Group seating, tables and other social spaces will be removed, temporarily
Lost and Found
Services suspended; please see our list of prohibited items and be sure to take everything with you after your visit
Closed for member and community use; used only in conjunction with programming, like summer camp.
Sauna, Steam Rooms
Reopening at a Glance
|Reopening Date||July 1||Sept 8||July 24||July 1||July 1|
|Aquatics Group Exercise||By reservation||n/a||TBD||By reservation||n/a|
|Chambers Cafe||No (update 7/13)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Strength Training & Stretching
|Group Exercise||Outside, virtual and Indoors||Outside/virtual||No||Outside, virtual and Indoors||Virtual|
|Locker Rooms||Yes||Yes, across from Fitness Center only||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Lost & Found||No||No||No||No||No|
|Playground||No, with camp/child care only||n/a||n/a||No, with camp/child care only||n/a|
|Skatepark||No, with camp/child care only||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Summer camp||closed for season||closed for season||closed for season||closed for season||closed for season|
|Stay & Play babysitting||Returning July 20||No|
|Returning July 20||Returning July 20|
|Vending/cafe||Yes/Grab & Go only||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Water fountains||Bottle-fill only||Bottle-fill only||Bottle-fill only||Bottle-fill only||Bottle-fill only|
|Whirlpool / Hot tub||Yes, with reservation||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Youth & Adult Program||Programs begin Sept 8||Programs begin Sept 8||Personal training available||Programs begin Sept 8||Personal training available|
Have you or a member of your household been diagnosed or come in direct contact with Covid-19?
Contact our association-wide COVID-19 champion confidentially to report a COVID-19 diagnosis. Use the contact information below or call the following cell phone number:
2500 Lower State Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
601 S. Oxford Valley Road
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
190 Sycamore Street
Newtown, PA 18940
401 Fairview Avenue
Quakertown, PA 18951