SAFETY PROTOCOLS & INFORMATION
YMCA OF BUCKS COUNTY
We are committed to running our facilities through actions which demonstrate kindness, inclusion and safety. This webpage will provide full information on what you need to know when coming to the Y.For information on current Bucks County mandates, policies and vaccine information, visit their website <HERE>
Beginning Friday, May 14, members, program participants and staff who are age 12+ and who are fully vaccinated may utilize our facilities and participate in programs without a face mask.
Fully vaccinated is defined as:
- 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
When fully vaccinated per the CDC on mask wearing:
“You should still take steps to protect yourself and others in many situations, like wearing a mask and staying at least 6 feet apart from others.”
WHAT'S EXPECTED OF MEMBERS AT EACH VISIT
- One-time waiver requiring electronic signature before first visit, <click here> for information or <click here> to sign immediately
- For the care and safety of all, please do not enter the facility if you can answer YES to any of the following:
- Have you had a fever in the past 24 hours; temperature over 100.4?
- Have you experienced a cough or shortness of breath that is new or worse than your baseline?
- Have you been in close contact or cared for a person with a lab confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced a loss of taste/smell?
- Have you experienced cold/flu-like symptoms (sore throat, chills, muscle pain, etc.)?
- Social distancing is encouraged
- Member cleaning of equipment before and after use is mandatory
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing encouraged
Policies and Branch Setup: What's Different
What will be different? What policies have changed? Read below:
- Member cleaning of equipment before and after use is MANDATORY
- Towel service will not be available
- 'Touchless' transactions using a card on file (no cash) is encouraged
- Facility access will be limited to age 13+ (age 12 when accompanied by a parent/guardian) except during Teen Fusion hours for 7th graders, Monday thru Friday, afterschool to 6:00PM, when they can access Y without parent/guardian
- Lost & Found at this time will not be available
- Increased disinfection/sanitation
- Increased signage and floor markings
- Plexiglass dividers at the Welcome Center
- Staff will undergo a daily health assessment and may de-mask if vaccinated and approved by human resources
- Health & Safety Champions to ensure staff and members are following safety protocols
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Effective June 14, lap swim, open/family swim, and whirlpool (Doylestown) is available and no longer require reservations.
Aquatics Group Exercise
Due to limited space and high demand, aquatic group exercise classes are available via reservation system at out Doylestown, Quakertown and Warminster branches.
Fitness, including Strength Training, Cardio and Stretching
- A variety of cardiovascular equipment is available
- Strength training and stretching accessible with social distancing spacing measures
- Personal (private and small group) training available <here>
Group Exercise classes are available in-person (indoors and outdoors and via our <virtual wellness platform>.
Gymnasium, Open Gym
Effective June 14, Pickleball, volleyball, basketball and other programs as well as open gym are available and no longer require a reservation
Open, please continue to practice social distancing
Personal Training/Private Lessons
For both fitness and aquatics. Visit <Personal Training website> for details.
Open seasonally. Visit webpage for hours and details <HERE>
Stay & Play Babysitting
Stay & Play is available at our Doylestown and Quakertown branches. We will resume Stay & Play in Warminster effective, September, 2021. Effective 6/14, reservations no longer required. For schedules visit our <Stay & Play webpage>
Youth & Adult programming
Visit the program page for your favorite activity by clicking PROGRAMS in the blue navigation bar at the top of our website for webpages of each activity.
Currently available at our Doylestown branch and no longer requires reservations.
Click on your branch for details
2500 Lower State Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
601 S. Oxford Valley Road
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
Branch temporarily closed for renovations
190 Sycamore Street
Newtown, PA 18940
401 Fairview Avenue
Quakertown, PA 18951
Have you or a member of your household been diagnosed or come in direct contact with Covid-19?
Contact our association-wide COVID-19 champion confidentially to report a COVID-19 diagnosis. Use the contact information below or call the following cell phone number: