SAFETY PROTOCOLS & INFORMATION
YMCA OF BUCKS COUNTY
We are committed to running our facilities through actions which demonstrate kindness, inclusion and safety. This webpage will provide full information on what you need to know when coming to the Y.
Masks are required 100% of the time indoors
The Pennsylvania Department of Health now states that masks are mandatory indoors when away from home and outdoors when with others who are not members of your household and unable to maintain sustained physical distance.
Effective immediately, masks are required indoors at the Y including while exercising in classes or on machines, while playing group sports including basketball and pickleball, in locker rooms and while walking on the pool deck. Masks may only be removed upon entering water for swimming.
When outdoors, a face covering must be worn when unable to maintain sustained physical distance (staying at least six feet away) while with others who are not members of the person's household.
WHAT'S EXPECTED OF MEMBERS AT EACH VISIT
- Mask requirements in place <READ MORE HERE>
- One-time wavier requiring electronic signature before first visit, <click here> for information or <click here> to sign immediately
- Temperature check and brief health assessment survey that includes these questions:
- Have you had a fever in the past 24 hours; temperature over 100.4?
- Have you experienced a cough or shortness of breath that is new or worse than your baseline?
- Have you been in close contact or cared for a person with a lab confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced a loss of taste/smell?
- Have you experienced cold/flu-like symptoms (sore throat, chills, muscle pain, etc.)?
Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher or answering “yes” to any of the assessment questions will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Pool usage limited to 45-minutes per visit and 3 visits per week
- Social distancing at all times
- Member cleaning of equipment before and after use is mandatory
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing
Updates/changes to previous policies:
- No time restrictions on building usage
- No limits on land group exercise class participation (aquatic group ex limited to 3x/week)
- No time restrictions on Fitness Center usage per visit
- Guests are permitted when accompanied by member (as of 11/2/20)
Policies and Branch Setup: What's Different
What will be different? What policies have changed? Read below:
- Equipment is spaced 100 sq/ft apart
- Member cleaning of equipment before and after use is MANDATORY
- Towel service will not be available
- 'Touchless' transactions using a card on file (no cash)
- Stay & Play babysitting by reservation (no S & P available in Newtown)
- Facility access will be limited to age 13+ (age 12 when accompanied by a parent/guardian)
- Water fountains will be bottle-fill only
- No Lost & Found
- Increased disinfection/sanitation
- Increased signage and floor markings
- Plexiglass dividers at the Welcome Center
- Intermittent area closures for sanitizing with electrostatic fogging machines
- Staff will undergo a daily health assessment and wear masks at all times
- Furnishings have been removed in areas that encourage congregation
- New Health & Safety Champions to ensure staff and members are following safety protocols
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Our available programs and services will continue to be updated frequently.
Lap swim, open/family swim, and whirlpool (Doylestown) available via reservation system. Lap swim registration is for two (2) members per lane and may or may not be from same household
Aquatics Group Exercise
Formal aquatic group exercise classes available via reservation system at Doylestown and Quakertown branches only.
- Cardiovascular equipment with social distancing spacing measures
- Strength training & stretching with social distancing spacing measures
- Personal (private) training
Group Exercise classes are available in-person (indoors and outdoors and via our virtual wellness platform. A reservation system is used for in-person group exercise (links below) Details on virtual offerings can be found <HERE>
Gymnasium, Open Gym
Pickleball and open gym are available on a reservation basis. One, 60-minute reservation permitted per day per member.
Open with social distancing spacing measures
Personal Training/Private Lessons
For both fitness and aquatics
Open seasonally. Visit webpage for hours and details <HERE>
Stay & Play Babysitting
Strength Training & Stretching
Open at some branches with social distancing spacing measures
Open for some live, group exercise in Doylestown, Newtown and Quakertown <Reservation links here>
Student Success Program
Currently operating at Doylestown, Fairless Hills, New Hope-Solebury, Quakertown and Warminster locations.
Youth & Adult programming
Visit the program page for your favorite activity by clicking PROGRAMS in the blue navigation bar at the top of our website for webpages of each activity.
Currently available via reservation
Doylestown <CLICK HERE>
What's suspended or limited?
Complimentary coffee services suspended
Community congregation areas
Group seating, tables and other social spaces will be removed, temporarily
Lost and Found
Services suspended; please see our list of prohibited items and be sure to take everything with you after your visit
Closed for member and community use; used only in conjunction with programming, like summer camp.
Sauna, Steam Rooms
Click on your branch for details
2500 Lower State Road
Doylestown, PA 18901
601 S. Oxford Valley Road
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
190 Sycamore Street
Newtown, PA 18940
401 Fairview Avenue
Quakertown, PA 18951
Branches at a Glance
|Reopening Date||July 1||Sept 8||July 24||July 1||July 1|
|Aquatics Group Exercise||By reservation||n/a||TBD||By reservation||n/a|
Strength Training & Stretching
|Guests||with member||with member||with member||with member||with member|
|Group Exercise||Outside, virtual and Indoors||Outside/virtual||No||Outside, virtual and Indoors||Virtual|
|Locker Rooms||Yes||Yes, across from Fitness Center only||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Lost & Found||No||No||No||No||No|
|Playground||No, with camp/child care only||n/a||n/a||No, with camp/child care only||n/a|
|Skatepark||Yes, while open seasonally||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Summer camp||closed for season||closed for season||closed for season||closed for season||closed for season|
|Stay & Play babysitting||Yes||No|
|Vending/cafe||Yes/Grab & Go only||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Water fountains||Bottle-fill only||Bottle-fill only||Bottle-fill only||Bottle-fill only||Bottle-fill only|
|Whirlpool / Hot tub||Yes, with reservation||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Youth & Adult Program||Yes||Yes||Personal training available||Yes||Personal training available|
Have you or a member of your household been diagnosed or come in direct contact with Covid-19?
Contact our association-wide COVID-19 champion confidentially to report a COVID-19 diagnosis. Use the contact information below or call the following cell phone number: