For members of YMCA of Bucks County
All members of YMCA of Bucks County must sign a new waiver that has been updated with new information and policies for the member experience post COVID-19. Please find the instructions below and submit before your first visit.
Sign the Waiver
There are three convenient ways to execute the newly updated waiver:
- Personalized Link sent via e-mail. By June 25, you will receive an email with a link personalized to your membership. This link will allow for direct, immediate completion of the waiver with no account login required. Link is valid for 14 days.
- Online Link. Found <HERE> Please enter your member barcode number (available on your keytag or mobile app) and last name
- At branch. You can complete the waiver at the branch using your cell phone or by authorizing a member engagement representative to indicate your approval in our membership software. Please note that this process may take a few minutes at the membership desk.
Who should sign?
- Members and staff must complete waiver.
- One one member of each unit must complete waiver (example: family membership, one adult must sign)
- Youth, teen and 7th Grade Initiative memberships - Waiver must be signed by adult parent/guardian
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
Protect yourself, a fellow member, and your greater Bucks County community:
- Ages 13 and older may access the facility; ages 12 and older may access the facility when accompanied by a parent/guardian; the parent/guardian must remain within 6 feet of assistance when accessing the facility
- Prior to first visit, all members are required to electronically acknowledge updated waivers, policies, handbooks, instructional videos and daily health screening questionnaire in order to gain access
- All members are asked to take their temperature prior to departing for the Y; all members are required to stay home when unwell, especially if a fever and/or shortness of breath are symptoms
- All members are required to immediately report if you or a member of your household has been diagnosed with or come in direct contact with Covid-19. Please contact our Covid Champion, Janet Felder, VP of Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- At each visit, prior to entry into the facility, members and staff will complete a required temperature and health check led by a YMCA of Bucks County Health & Safety Champion
- Staff are required to wear masks while inside
- Members are to follow our updated mask policy, as per Governor Wolf's order dated 7-1-2020. Please click here.
- Hours of 100% Required Member Mask Wearing (this means 100% mask-wearing 100% of the time; even while exercising inside) at all branches: Monday-Friday 8:00-9:00 AM and 7:00-8:00 PM, Saturday & Sunday 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Please, no Nationwide Reciprocity or guests during the summer months; we will reevaluate in the early fall
- Members and staff will be asked to apply hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the facility
- Members will be asked to appropriately scan into the facility
- Additional equipment disinfection/sanitation stations will also be provided, members are required to clean equipment both before and after usage
- Plexiglass sneeze guards will be installed at the Welcome Center
- Increased floor and eye level signage will be placed to remind all of social distancing and CDC protocols
- Water fountains will be bottle fill only
- Door openers will be installed on doors that are unable to be propped open (Example: HVAC concerns)
- We will strive to go paperless, avoiding pens/pencils and cash/check transactions as much as possible
- Locker Rooms will be open, social distancing measures will be put into place
- No towel service or lost/found provided
- No coffee or areas that promote congregation; all furniture in congregation areas will be removed
- Fitness evaluations will be completed in masks, 6ft. apart, and outside if/when possible
- In terms of member value: Members can participate in Stay and Play (babysitting services), Open Gym, Group Exercise and Aquatics through a reservation system; no member may register more than three times per week for one given program area.
Read the Waiver
Read the waiver it entirety: <HERE>
Waiver in alternate languages.
The text below is the same as on the PDF version of the waiver above. To translate this page (and the text below) click on the word LANGUAGE in the upper, right hand corner of our website to select your prefered language:
Membership 2020 Release & Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement Addendum due t o COVID-19
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS DOCUMENT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND IS LEGALLY BINDING. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU ARE RELEASING YMCA OF BUCKS COUNTY FROM ALL LIABILITY AND FOREVER GIVING UP ANY CLAIMS THEREFOR
Understanding of Information
I acknowledge and agree to comply with the Membership Safety Protocols as shared on t he website of YMCA of Bucks County. I also acknowledge and agree to comply with the Membership Handbook; also shared on t he website of YMCA of Bucks County.
YMCA of Bucks County Virtual Fitness Waiver and Release from Liability
Physical exercise, in all of i ts forms and with or without the use of equipment such as blocks, straps or any other equipment that may be used by an instructor of YMCA of Bucks County, is a strenuous physical activity. Accordingly, you are urged and advised to seek the advice of a physician before beginning any physical exercise regimen, routine, program, or using any suggested equipment shown in any of the videos from YMCA of Bucks County. YMCA of Bucks County is not a medical organization and its instructors or staff cannot give you medical advice or diagnosis. All suggestions and comments relating to the use of equipment, poses, moves and instruction are not required to be performed by you and are carried out at y our election while viewing YMCA of Bucks County videos. Nothing contained herein should be constructed as any form of such medical advice or diagnosis.
By using this content, you represent that you understand that physical exercise involves strenuous physical movement, and that such activity carries the risk of injury whether physical or mental. You understand that it is your responsibility to judge your physical and mental capabilities for such activities. It is your responsibility to ensure that by participating in classes and activities from the YMCA of Bucks County, you will not exceed your limits while performing such activity, and you will select the appropriate level of classes for your skills and abilities, as well as for any mental or physical conditions and/or limitations you have. You understand that, from time to time, instructors may suggest physical adjustments or the use of equipment, and it is your sole responsibility to determine if any such suggested adjustment or equipment is appropriate for your level of ability and physical and mental condition. You expressly waive and release any claim that you may have at any time for injury of any kind arising out of y our participation in a YMCA of Bucks County program or use of a YMCA of Bucks County facility against the YMCA of Bucks County, or any person or entity involved with YMCA of Bucks County, including without limitation, its board of directors, managers, instructors, independent contractors, employees, agents, contractors, affiliates and representatives.
Assumption of Risk
I acknowledge and agree that any use of YMCA of Bucks County facilities, services, equipment and (“Facilities”) and any participation in YMCA of Bucks County programs and activities (“Programs”) comes with inherent risks including, but in no way limited to: (1) moderate and severe personal injury, (2) property damage, (3) disability, (4) death, and (5) sickness or disease. I voluntarily accept and assume full responsibility for these risks as well as any and all other risks of the use of Facilities and participation in Programs. I agree that I have full knowledge of the nature and extent of all such risks and am not relying on all such risks being described in this document.
Waiver, Release, Indemnification & Covenant Not to Sue
In consideration of the use of Facilities and participation in Programs I, the undersigned, agree that YMCA of Bucks County, its officers, directors, agents, employees, volunteers, insurers and representatives (“Releasees”) will not be liable for any personal injury, property damage, disability, death, sickness or disease incurred by myself, my family members, dependents, or guests, including minors, however occurring including, but not limited to the negligence of Releasees. I understand that I will be solely responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury, property damage, disability, death, sickness or disease sustained from the use of Facilities and participation in Programs.
I further agree, on behalf of myself and any and all legal successors and proxies, to release and HEREBY DO RELEASE, WAIVE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Releasees from any causes of action, claims, suits, liabilities or demands of any nature whatsoever including, but in no way limited to, claims of negligence, which I and any and all legal successors and proxies may have, now or in the future, against Releasees on account of personal injury, property damage, disability, death, sickness, diseases or accident of any kind, arising out of or in any way related to the use of Facilities or participation in Programs, whether that participation is supervised or unsupervised, however the injury or damage occurs, including, but not limited to the negligence of Releasees.
In further consideration of the use of Facilities and participation in Programs, I agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees from any and all causes of action, claims, demands, losses, suits, liabilities or costs of any nature whatsoever, including claims of negligence, arising out of or in any way related to the use of Facilities and participation in Programs by myself, my family members, dependents or guests, including any minors.