Blood Pressure Monitoring Program
Participants will work with trained Healthy Heart Ambassadors for the duration of the four-month program. During this time, participants will be encouraged to:
- Self- measure their blood pressure at least two times per month
- Attend two personalized health check In consultations per month
- Attend monthly nutrition education seminars
Participants will record their blood pressure readings using an easy-to-use, self-selected tracking tool. The Y will provide options for participants who need a home blood pressure monitor. Participants receive a 12-week family membership while participating in the program.
Open to the entire community, members and non-members
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Better blood pressure management
- Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
HEALTHY HEART AMBASSADORS
Healthy Heart Ambassadors will train participants to properly use a self-monitoring blood pressure cuff and emphasize the value of regular self-monitoring. Ambassadors will also provide ongoing personalized support as they strive to achieve their program goals.
OFFICE HOUR CONSULTATIONS
The Healthy Heart Ambassadors are available each week via ZOOM for personalized “Health Check-Ins” for 10-minute consultations to support participants as they continue to better manage their blood pressure. Participants will also receive personalized weekly emails or calls from the Ambassador.
NUTRITION EDUCATION SEMINARS
Seminars will highlight the importance of practicing healthier eating habits. Seminar topics include:
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH)
- Reducing sodium intake
- Shopping, cooking, and food preparation
- Eating for your heart
- Each 60-minute seminar will also offer an area for participants to measure their blood pressure with coaching for proper measuring techniques from a Healthy Heart Ambassador.
FOR A SMALL INVESTMENT, PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE:
- An evidence- based program that may lower blood pressure
- Personalized support from a Healthy Heart Ambassador during the Health Check In Consultations
- Tips for maintaining cardiovascular health
- Heart Healthy nutrition education
- Easy to use, portable self – tracking tool