Information on Waterpark Pool Closures, Doylestown
Dear Valued Members,
I hope this letter finds you well. As always, thank you for being a member of the Doylestown branch of YMCA of Bucks County. We are glad and grateful that you are here.
In honor of your membership, we strive to maintain quality care through staff engagement, cleanliness, and high functioning/efficiency of equipment. Therefore we, like you, have been frustrated with the roadblock preventing us from a quick repair of the heating system for the Water Park Pool. Please allow me to share the chain of events leading to its repair. We hope our communication will help to increase your trust in our pursuit of member service excellence.
- A little over two weeks ago, the pool heater began to malfunction.
- Upon receiving a decrease in temperature, we immediately brought in several outside contractors including a pool pump contractor, standard pool contractor, and boiler service contractor.
- Upon conclusion, it was determined that the boiler was operating effectively; therefore it became increasingly difficult to identify the root cause of the heating issue. In summary, the water coming out of the boiler was tested at 135 degrees, but returning to the Water Park Pool at 80 degrees. This led us to believe there is a blockage in our filtration system.
- We are making a capital investment in the Water Park Pool to replace the entire filtration system. This will occur Wednesday, June 12, 2019. This replacement will also include proactive enhancements to ensure this issue does not occur again.
- Please note: The delay in repair also has to do with the malfunction occurring during peak outdoor pool season, in which all pool contractors are booked with outdoor (and indoor) facilities.
Next steps are as follows:
- The water park pool and hot tub will close Wednesday, June 12 for the repair. The new filtration system will be installed. Pending no issues in installation, we will then fill, circulate and heat.
- Due to the extent of this work, the water park pool and hot tub will be closed Wednesday, June 12- Thursday, June 13 and we are hopeful to reopen sometime on Friday, June 14.
Update 6/13: Another part is needed and is being rush shipped for a Saturday, 6/15 delivery. We will update members after delivery and install of the part. The current pool temperature is 82 degrees. Although we are still on the cooler side and heating gradually, we are open. We greatly appreciate your patience. In the meantime, please take full advantage of membership reciprocity at our Quakertown, Newtown and Fairless Hills branches. All schedules can be found online at ymcabucks.org/all-schedules. You may also use our Traditional Lap Pool which is heated to 84/85 degrees. If we can do anything more to serve you, please let us know.
Yours in service,
VP of Operations