Join us and make a difference in your community! People who work at
DISCOVER MORE THAN A JOB AT THE Y!
We are currently recruiting individuals, seeking to make a difference in the communities they live, in the areas of:
- Child Care (infants - preschool)
- Aquatics (lifeguards and swim instructors)
- Health and Wellness Coaches
- Membership Engagement Representatives
- Personal Trainers
- Sports Instructors
- And more!
The Y believes it is our staff who are the heart of the organization. That is why we continue to provide opportunities for growth and development, rewarding peer experiences and healthy working environments. Plus, we offer a minimum wage of $10 per hour with some positions paying hourly rates as high as $25. That means no one employed at YMCA of Bucks County will make less than $10 per hour for any role within the association.
In addition to competitive pay rates, the Y values the health and wellness of our staff and offers a FREE YMCA membership, reduced membership and program fees for families, access to their virtual platform Y Wellness 24/7, and more!
“Good People Know Good People” Referral Raffle
Know someone who would be a perfect preschool teacher, school age child care teacher, lifeguard, swim instructor or any of the openings we currently have available? Refer them to the Y! You will be entered in a raffle to win one of two $1500 VISA Gift Cards.
- Get the ‘okay’ from the potential staff member
- Fill out the <easy online form>
- We will contact them to get the interview process started
- Once the new employee is successfully hired, you’ll be entered to win one of two $1500 VISA Gift Cards.
*Contest expires Monday, November 15, 2021. Gift card presented to winners, Wednesday, November 24, 2021.
FREE Lifeguard Certification training - $300 value
YMCA of Bucks County will certify you for free if you agree to work 2 shifts a week for at least six months. Classes are three days in duration and all classes must be successfully completed to receive certification:
Option 1, Doylestown - Friday 10/29 (4pm-9pm), Saturday 10/30 (9am-5pm), Sunday 10/31 (9am-5pm)
Option 2, Doylestown - Friday 11/5 (4pm-9pm), Saturday 11/6 (9am-5pm), Sunday 11/7 (9am-5pm)
Option 3, Doylestown - Friday 11/12 (6pm-9pm), Saturday 11/13 (10am-6pm), Sunday 11/14 (9am-5pm)
Before registering for classes, can you meet this criteria?
- Age: 16+
- 7 hours of pre-class, online coursework
- Swim 300 yards freestyle, continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
- Tread water without hands (2 minutes)
- 100-second timed event: start in water, swim 20 yards without goggles, surface dive to 7-10 feet (head or feet first), retrieve 10 lb object and return to surface swim 20 yards back to starting point with both hand hold object and face above water, exit water using ladder
To learn more or to register: Please contact Nicole Bandura, associate branch executive email@example.com or Anahita Mir, aquatics director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of YMCA of Bucks County to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, or against disabled veterans or veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment and separation or termination.