About Financial Assistance
YMCA of Bucks County is a charitable, non-profit organization whose purpose is to improve the quality of community life. Financial assistance is funded through gracious donations from local individuals and businesses and is granted, if qualified, through an application process. Please note specific information below on how to apply for general assistance for membership and programs, including Child Care and Summer Camp.
How to apply?
1. Please read and complete the <financial assistance application> noting the following:
a. Supporting documentation, as indicated on that application, is required before processing can begin
b. Depending on branch/location, where to send or drop off your application
c. Allow at least three (3) weeks for processing from the time that last document is received
2. You will receive a letter by mail notifying you of your qualifying status. Assistance will be granted for one year.
Assistance for Membership and Programs
Financial assistance is available for membership and programs offered by YMCA of Bucks County. To qualify, please follow the steps above.
Assistance for Child CarePrior to granting financial assistance for Child Care programs, YMCA of Bucks County will need to verify if you qualify for funding through the Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC). Child Care Works is a subsidized child care program that helps low-income families pay their child care fees. The state and federal governments fund this program, which is managed by the ELRC. Please review their guidelines to determine your eligibility HERE and submit an application to ELRC. Please the Y with a copy of the eligibility letter you will receive from ELRC after they review your application.
Assistance for Summer Camp
New applicants for summer camp financial assistance should follow these steps:
- Submit a completed financial assistance application along with support documentation via mail to YMCA of Bucks County, Attn: Catherine Refice, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least four weeks prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
- Allow three weeks for processing.
- After receiving your financial assistance determination, drop off or mail your camp registration packet to YMCA of Bucks County, Attn: Camp Registration, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least one week prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
Camp families with a current financial assistance contract follow these steps:
- Drop off or mail via your camp registration packet YMCA of Bucks County, Attn: Camp Registration, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least one week prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
Important camp financial assistance deadlines for all camp families:
Application due: One month prior to the day you would like for your child to begin camp
Camp Registration due: One week prior to the day you would like for your child to begin camp
Camp and Child Care Financial Assistance Contact:
Catherine Refice, firstname.lastname@example.org (Financial Assistance, all regions)
ELRC contact, email@example.com (Quakertown, Fairless Hills/Cabrini and New Hope)