YMCA of Bucks County is a charitable, non-profit organization whose purpose is to improve the quality of community life. The Y strengthens the spirit, mind and body of all people. We build character by promoting the values of caring, respect, honesty, and responsibility. The YMCA of Bucks County Board of Directors feels strongly that the Y is for everyone. No one will be turned away because of their inability to pay, subject to the availability of funds. Our mission is to serve the people of Bucks County.
The Y is here for people of all walks of life - when things are OK and when there are problems. Most people can afford the quality programs of the Y, and expect to pay fees out of a sense of personal responsibility. In time of need, Y financial assistance continues this responsibility in a partnership of assistance. Each participant will pay a part of the fees, based upon gross household income and the specific needs of the individual or family. Financial assistance is a temporary agreement extending assistance in a time of need. As the need decreases, it is expected that your share of payment will increase accordingly. Assistance will be granted for a specific time period. If assistance is still required after this period of time, another financial assistance application will need to be completed.
Before financial assistance is granted for our Youth Education Centers, we will need to verify if you would qualify for funding through Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC). Child Care Works is a subsidized child care program that helps low-income families pay their child care fees. The state and federal governments fund this program, which is managed by the ELRC. Please review their guidelines to determine your eligibility HERE. If it appears that you would qualify to submit an application to ELRC and provide the Y with a copy of the eligibility letter you will receive from ELRC after they review your application.
Due to a continuing rise in demand for financial assistance across Bucks County and in order to maintain the funds necessary to serve our neighbors in need, we have adjusted our financial assistance guidelines. Effective March 2019, we will be providing a maximum financial assistance of up to 50% for membership and programs and 70% for child care. SEE BELOW FOR TEMPORARY UPDATES.
Child Care Guidelines
- Complete the Financial Assistance Application - in full. You can print, and submit a hard copy.
- Submit the application to the Welcome Center or mail it to the Y, Attn: Financial Assistance.
- Proof of income is required before the assistance will be considered.
- Allow at least 3 weeks for processing.
- You will receive a letter by mail notifying you of the status of your application.
- Assistance will be granted on the basis of financial need. The YMCA reserves the right to refuse assistance to any applicant.
*Please be sure you have attached the most current Federal Tax Return.
Financial Assistance for Camp
We are pleased to offer financial assistance. To accommodate the uncertainty of knowing when you will return to work due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are removing our May deadlines for submitting financial assistance applications.
1. Submit a completed financial assistance application along with support documentation via mail to YMCA of Bucks County, Attn: Catherine Refice, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least four weeks prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
2. Allow three weeks for processing.
3. Submit your camp registration packet via mail to YMCA of Bucks County, Attn: Camp Registration, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least one week prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
Already have financial assistance contract:
If you already have a current financial assistance contract, please submit your camp registration packet via mail to YMCA of Bucks County, Attn: Camp Registration, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least one week prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
Application due: One month prior to the day you would like for your child to begin camp
Camp Registration due: One week prior to the day you would like for your child to begin camp
Catherine Refice, email@example.com - Financial Assistance, all regions
ELRC contact, firstname.lastname@example.org - Quakertown, Fairless Hills and Holland
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Financial Assistance Sponsors
Antheil, Maslow, McMinn